Welcome to my little corner on the Web.
- I am IT professional with over 20 years of experience in Technical and Executive management roles in leading organizations.
- Bengaluru is my home. One of the most happening places in the world. It is home to the warm and welcoming Kannadiga people. Bengaluru is cosmopolitan and famous for its Trees, Lakes (100+ lakes, 340 bird species), Pubs (400+ pubs and 55 micro breweries), Information technology, Startups (3rd largest startup hub in the world, 6000+), HAL (makers of 5th gen fighter jets), ISRO (the world's happening space agency) and a very Vibrant Cycling community. Check out your Bangalore Social Quotient here!
- Public speaking is my passion. I have been a member of Toastmasters District 92 since 2015. I volunteer as the District Club Quality Chair. I am a motivational speaker and speak on various topics. (Invite me for a talk!) My curated Speech lists: Best World Speeches, Best Indian Speeches, World Championship of Public Speaking.
- Wikipedia is truly awesome! I have been a Wikipedia editor since the year 2004.
- Museums interest me immensely. If I could roll back time, I would perhaps be a Museum Curator. :-) You are welcome to join and volunteer for a Project I started: India Loves Museums.
- History is very intriguing for me. I am bit of an amateur historian of sorts. I pieced together the Timeline of Coimbatore History on Wikipedia. Every city needs one of these. There is more to history than than merely Dynasties and Wars.
- India is vast, diverse and hard to fathom. I put together a Reading list of 25 books to help deep dive and have a better appreciation of the country.
- In my free time, I Research Ancient Indian works in the areas of Maths, Science, Arts and Humanities. There is a staggering amount of Wisdom and Knowledge in manuscripts. I recommend reading these Six Indian Jewels to get a feel for it: 1) Yoga Sutra (Well being), 2) Nyaya Sutra (Logic, Debate, Metaphysics) 3) Sakuntala (Play by Kalidasa), 4) Natya Shastra (Performing arts), 5) Kama Sutra (Love), 6) Artha Shastra (Statecraft)
- I do share my thoughts and views in my Blog Ponder Point.
Thanks for dropping by my page!
Email: arunram25 dot gmail dot org | Blog: Ponder Point
Browse my website at your own risk. You are hereby duly warned! ;-)